Following are the requirements for NCTAP facility tours:
– Participation is intended for 11th-grade NC Triangle-area (Wake and surrounding counties) high school students for apprenticeships beginning the following summer. Exceptional 12th grade students and recent graduates are also welcome, as are siblings and friends.
– Students from all schools are welcome: public, private, charter and home schools.
– School Counselors and CTE teachers are encouraged to attend.
– Participation is by pre-registration only – you must register below.
– Space is limited and attendees will be chosen on a first-come-first-serve basis.
– Students must bring at least one parent or guardian to the facility tours.
– Dress appropriately – long pants, solid, closed shoes or work boots, collared shirts. Remember that you will be making your first impressions on a possible future employer in this highly-selective program. Safety glasses and other necessary items will be provided by NCTAP partners.
– Two tours are held on each of the three dates: from 8:00-9:00 and from 10:30-11:30.
– You may attend up to six facility tours, choose which NCTAP Partner companies interest you the most.
– Following the facility tours you may be invited to return in the spring for a week-long, after-school Orientation where you will do actual work similar to what you would experience as an Apprentice.
– You should arrive at the company addresses can be found on the Partner companies homepage shortly before the start of the tour.
– GSK Tours: those registering for tours of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in Zebulon must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour for special sign-in procedures at the entrance to their facility. GSK REQUIRES A PHOTO ID FOR ALL VISITORS. All visitors must be pre-registered and check in first at the guard facility at the entrance before proceeding to the location of the tour, which will be described by GSK officials. Please take this into consideration when scheduling multiple tours when one of these is GSK.